BULLDOGS 7on7 FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Updated: 03/23/20 due to COVID19- possible postponement
PURPOSE: create an alternative opportunity to teaching/ learning the game of football. The spring flag football league will focus on fun, skill development, and promoting the game of football.
Who is eligible?
• ALL boys and girls, currently, in 1st through 8th grades.
• New or veteran players. Every player will receive substantial playing time.
• Residents of any/all towns invited to play. Invite friends or family members.
• No contact, therefore NO weight limits.
• Projected Squads; Pee Wees: 1st, 2nd & 3rd grades, Juniors: 4th & 5th grades, Seniors: 6th, 7th and 8th grades What is the commitment?
• Sunday mornings ONLY, 90 minutes only, between 8am-11:00am.
• No practices during week.
• Will consist of a forty-five minute practice followed by a forty-five minute game with running clock.
• Sunday mornings should not compete with other popular spring sports (i.e. baseball, lacrosse). What else you need to know?
• Registration fee is $75. Fee will cover personal game jersey, referees, team flags/ belts.NO Fundraising Commitments.
• Season will be May 3rd – June 21st . No games played on May 10th (Mother’s Day or May 24th (Memorial Day weekend). Championship weekend will be June 21st.
• Roster size 7 to 12 players; flexible to create desired number of teams.
• Will adopt USA Football 7on7 rulebook as foundation for league rules with slight modifications.
• Approximate field size 50yrds x 30yrds. Generally, 2 or 3 flag football fields will fit inside a standard football field.
• No lining field; cones are used as boundaries.
For ages 4 - 15, Starting with flag football our young players learn the skills and fundamentals of Football. Players in 9th grade are ineligible.
For ages 4 - 15, Starting with Mascot Cheer our young players learn the skills and fundamentals of Cheering. Players in 9th Grade are ineligible.
Flag & Mascots Squads
- Learn the fundamentals
- Learn with Other Commited Players
- Get ahead of the curve
Mighty Might and Pee Wee Squads
- Become part of the Team
- Work with College Proven Coaches
- Gain Strength, Speed, Explosion
Junior and Senior Squads
- Get Ready for the HS Game
- Focus on Skill Positions
- Play the Toughest Competition
Summer Work Outs...
Our planed summer work out has been set for: (This is not mandatory)
Monday & Thursday
Memoral Field -- 5:30-6:30
Wednesday & Saturday
Wall Athletics -- Training Completed (contact Austin Wall for in season training)
Thank you Austin Wall for letting the DAWGS train at your top notch facility. Thank you Kirk Bargamento for leading these young athletes through a tough workout. You made the kids work hard and made it fun at the same time. You are a great role model for these athletes to look up to. Can't wait for the next one!
2020 BBYC Information Sheets
BBYC Bulldog information sheets are out. Included is information on: General Meeting Schedules, Fundraising, Board Members, Practice Scheduling, Uniform Handouts, and Coaching assignments.
You can also find this in your team snap app under your teams media section.
2019 Parent Packet
2018 Parent Packets are out...
View the full 2018 Varsity Schedule, tag day and all the events for the BBYC. This packet is the information you'll need to stay in the know about the season, Game dates and special occasion dates. Download and print your copy today..
BBYC Scholarship Application
Each year, BBYC has been fortunate enough to award scholarships to graduating seniors of Butler HS who meet the qualifications put forth by the BBYC Board. This years application is available for DOWNLOAD in this email and available (in print) at the BHS guidance office. ALL APPLICATIONS DUE April 15th, 2019....Details and application instructions appear on the forms. Good luck to all!
Snack Stand Sign Up
Snack stand sign up is currently closed as we prepare for the 2018 season. We will let you know when the link opens up.
Tag Day Sign Up
Sign ups for tag day are still closed as we get ready for the 2018 season. We will let you know when the link is open.