PURPOSE: create an alternative opportunity to teaching/ learning the game of football. The spring flag football league will focus on fun, skill development, and promoting the game of football.
Who is eligible?
- ALL boys and girls, currently, in 1st through 8th
- New or veteran players welcome. Every player will receive substantial playing time.
- Registration open to non-Bloomingdale/Butler residents. Invite friends or family. Anyone with a passion for football.
- No contact. NO weight limits.
What is the commitment?
- Sunday mornings ONLY, 8am-11:00am. No practices during the week.
- Will consist of an initial forty-five minute session for practice/development, followed by a formal forty-five minute game with officials.
- Sunday mornings should not compete with other popular spring sports (i.e. baseball, lacrosse…).
What else you need to know?
- Ran by BBYC Board and veteran football coaches. However, there is NO obligation to participate in fall football/cheer programs.
- Registration fee is $75; no fund raising commitments. Fee will cover personal game jersey, referees, team flags/belts.
- Season will last April 19th through June 6th. No games played on May 10th (Mother’s Day or May 24th Memorial Day weekend). Championship weekend will be June 14th.
- Roster size 7 to 12 players. Projected Squads; Pee Wees: 1st, 2nd & 3rd grades, Juniors: 4th & 5th grades, Seniors: 6th, 7th and 8th grades
- Will adopt USA Football 7on7 rulebook as foundation for league rules with slight modifications.
- Approximate field size 50yrds x 30yrds. Generally, 2 or 3 flag football fields will fit inside a standard football field.
Refreshments will be served at games.